The most successful salespeople share a few things in common. They:
- Focus on helping vs. selling
- Listen more and talk less
- Use creativity over craftiness
- And they double down on technology to keep pace with their ever-evolving buyers
Those are just a few of the fundamentals I learned early on from the Drift sales team.
But I wanted to learn more. More about our sales process and how we use Drift at Drift to increase sales productivity, accelerate deals, and fuel our hypergrowth.
So I reached out to the experts.
And – after multiple interviews with our sales leadership, SDRs, AEs, and AMs – I’ve uncovered 18 of Drift’s best-kept secret sales strategies.
Now, we’re sharing all of them with you in our latest book Drift Selling Secrets.
Here’s a peek at some of the sales secrets from the book:
1. Go Deep into What Target Accounts Care About
Personalization is king in B2B sales and the key to running a successful account-based engagement strategy. That’s why every morning our SDR team uses Drift Prospector to identify what buyers from target accounts are up to, who their buying committees are, and insight into their activities. All without jumping into Salesforce.
2. Personalize & Scale Your Sales Prospecting with AI
Artificial intelligence (AI) is making it easier than ever to scale sales teams. At Drift, Virtual Selling Assistants take care of repetitive tasks, website engagement outside working hours, and buyer qualification so our SDRs can focus on sales prospecting and breaking into target accounts.
3. Stand Out From the Crowd with This Video Strategy
The best part? Many of our sales video strategies can be executed in less than a minute:
4. Make Empathy a Competitive Advantage
Put the customer at the center of everything you do is the first leadership principle you learn working at Drift. For sales, the same rule applies to buyers. In both cases, you need to practice empathy. Empathy makes reps better storytellers, researchers, and creative thinkers. It also allows sales to put themselves in the buyer’s shoes.
5. Treat Outbound B2B Sales Like Mini Marketing Campaigns
When researching his book of business and reaching out to target accounts, SDR Tate Knapp leverages Drift Prospector to develop sales plays and cadences across channels for specific personas in the buying committee. Much like any great marketing campaign.
6. Be Human & Ship Daily
Sales rarely has the luxury of time. So, while it’s tempting to spend hours crafting perfect prospecting videos and emails, sometimes you just have to ship it. Buyers don’t want perfection – they want answers from real people.
7. Double Down on High-Value Sales Activities
Sales is bombarded by intent signals every day. Sifting through them and focusing on what matters is tough without the right tools. With Drift, AE Alex Hanbury can stop banging his head against the wall trying to understand his buyers and focus on actioning insights right away. See how he does it.
8. Get Your Selling Time Back
Before joining and using Drift, our AEs spent hours coordinating meeting times and emailing back and forth with buyers just to put something on their calendar. According to one of our sales managers, Nick, it could take a week just to book one meeting with a busy buyer. Even buyers he was already talking to. In the book, Nick and other sales reps share the channels and tactics they use to speed up these conversations and get buyers to the solutions they need faster.
9. Use Real-Time Engagement For Selling & Training
Our sales team doesn’t just use Drift for buyer- and customer-facing activities. We leverage Drift for our internal communication too – especially now that we’ve transitioned to a remote-first model. For example, we train SDRs to engage with buyers using Drift Live Chat and we use Drift Video to reduce endless Slacks and emailing between managers and teammates.
10. In Enterprise Selling, You Need to Pass the Ball
Sales is competitive. But the larger deals get, the more reps rely on their team to help take opportunities over the finish line:
Get All 18 Drift Sales Secrets
We’re constantly growing and learning as a sales organization. But we’ve built an incredible team of experts. Not only do they work in our Revenue Acceleration Platform all day, but they bring with them expertise from the world’s most renowned sales teams.
Get access to all 18 of their sales secrets and strategies in Drift Selling Secrets. In this guide, you’ll learn:
- What Conversational Sales looks like in practice
- Strategies and tactics from Drift’s top sales leaders
- How SDRs use the Drift platform to scale their prospecting activities and increase productivity
- How inbound and outbound account executives use Drift to accelerate sales cycles
- How Drift account managers use Drift to create lasting relationships with customers and drive renewals and expansion opportunities