Hey there 👋
Can I ask you a question?
Why do you think conversations have disappeared from B2B marketing and selling?
Stumped you, didn’t I?
It’s because B2B marketers and sellers have gotten so focused on transactional sales processes that they’ve forgotten to keep the customer top of mind.
But that’s not going to work in the Revenue Era.
B2B buying today relies on providing the best customer experience to your prospects and customers, which you’re able to provide when you take the time to understand your customers’ problems and needs.
How do you understand these needs? You guessed it. By having conversations.
That’s why I’m so excited to announce that Drift is launching Conversation Starters — a brand new podcast to help you have more effective conversations that put the buyer first (and accelerate revenue for your business in the process).
Before you keep scrolling, make sure you subscribe to the show on Apple, Spotify, Amazon, or wherever you listen to podcasts 🎧
Introducing Drift’s Newest Podcast: Conversation Starters with Sammi Reinstein
- Who’s the host: Sammi Reinstein is a product education marketing manager at Drift. You may have seen her in our Conversational Marketing Certification or Playbook Basics Certification.
- What you can expect: Sammi sits down with people who know a thing or two about what it takes to hold an effective conversation. Think people like sales enablement leaders, content marketers, and even the world champion of public speaking. In under 20 minutes, they break down one key feature of a conversation, and they leave you with actionable insights that you can implement into your work that same day.
- Where you can listen: Anywhere you listen to podcasts — subscribe on Apple or Spotify, or listen on your desktop right here.
- When new episodes air: There will be eight episodes in every season. The first season drops Thursday, January 6.
- Why we made it: At Drift, we believe that conversations are the new B2B currency. Because whether it’s your personal life or your professional life, everything starts with a conversation. We want to break down what a good, effective conversation looks like — whether on a website, in an email, or in-person — to help you figure out how to start having more of them.
If I haven’t convinced you to subscribe yet, let me share some of my favorite moments from Season 1 with you:
David Kim, the Senior Director of Sales Productivity & Strategy at Drift, joins Sammi for Episode 1 of Conversation Starters. Truth be told, before coming to Drift, David wasn’t so sure chat was going to be the way of the world for sales. But in this episode, he shares what changed his mind, and why chat conversations are now critical for an efficient sales cycle.
In a special two-guest episode, Drift’s Enterprise Account Executive, Trent Mosley, and Senior Customer Success Manager, Jaclyn Van, join Sammi to talk about how they use conversations to seamlessly pass new customers from the sales team to the customer success team. It was nothing short of heartwarming to hear Trent and Jaclyn swap tons of compliments on their communication styles, but the part I love most was how they both emphasized the importance of thinking about the long-term health of the customer.
An interview with Verity Price, the first South African — and sixth woman — to become the world champion of public speaking, wraps the season. Verity tells Sammi all about how she only got interested in public speaking during the COVID-19 lockdowns, but my favorite part was when she broke down why crafting a speech is like crafting a hamburger.