About This Book
70% of marketers have moved their face-to-face events partially or fully to a virtual platform, and many don’t see that as a short-term change.
Event marketers are now virtual event marketers. All kinds of marketing events, ranging from small luncheons to massive tradeshows and VIP meetups, are transitioning from in-person experiences to virtual ones. This is a very big deal. More than half (52 percent) of marketing leaders say event marketing drives more business value than other marketing channels.
Marketers have accepted the challenge and embraced virtual events. They have tested different formats, scrambled to adopt new technologies, and carefully monitored their progress. Some of them have failed and learned from the experience. More of them, though, have exceeded even their most optimistic expectations. For example, Adobe Summit 2020 attracted 500,000 virtual visitors — roughly 16 times the number of people we expected to attend live. And now 70 percent of marketers have moved their face-to-face events partially or fully to a virtual platform, and many don’t see that as a short-term change.
This book features advice from Adobe partners who have collectively supported thousands of virtual events. It covers best practices for planning your events, offers tips on how to get noticed in today’s sea of lookalike events, and shares insider secrets for increasing your ROI.
- Brightcove: Getting all your ducks—and your stakeholders—in a row
- Drift: Beating videoconference fatigue
- Hootsuite: Tapping into contacts you don’t even know you have
- ON24: Designing an authentic experience that gets attention and leads
- Splash: Applying your in-person event skills to the virtual world
- Workfront: Helping distributed teams and busy execs stay on track
- With special research on virtual events from Adobe Marketo