Thanks for being interested in writing for the Drift Blog! Our blog is a go-to resource for marketing, sales, and technology pros who are at the top of their game. We’re open to accepting guest content from the right writers and thought leaders. To help in this process, we’ve included a few guidelines below:
- 1,500+ words submitted in an editable Google Doc.
- Non-promotional and vendor-agnostic.
- On-topic (top-of-funnel subjects such as “what is” and “how to” articles).
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the Drift brand.
- Include images, videos, gifs or any fun animated content that is hosted externally and won’t require heavy lifting on our end.
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio with your headshot (square dimension at least 200×200).
- No more than 1 link to your site in the article to resources, blogs, educational content, etc. (no homepage or promotional content).
- No more than 2-3 outgoing links per 1,000 words of content TOTAL. Make sure you cite your sources.
- The content must be original.
- Our expectation is that you have done a site search and will not submit content that directly competes with our core topics.
- The article you submit should target a primary keyword with at least 500 monthly volume.
- Use long tail/semantic keywords throughout the article in addition to the primary keyword.
- Use the target keyword in title and keyword/long tail keywords in headers (H2, H3, etc)
- Include links to sources and links to other Drift resources when possible.
- Once the post is live on drift.com, you may share a link to the content on socials, medium, etc – but you cannot re-post the entire article on your website or other sources.
- Drift’s editorial team reserves the right to make edits, remove the content, or change it in any way. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Drift content.