- 1,500+ words submitted in an editable Google Doc.
- Non-promotional and vendor-agnostic.
- On-topic (top-of-funnel subjects such as “what is” and “how to” articles).
- Article reflects the writing style/tone of the Drift brand.
- Include images, videos, gifs or any fun animated content that is hosted externally and won’t require heavy lifting on our end.
- Include a 1-2 sentence bio with your headshot (square dimension at least 200×200).
- No more than 1-2 backlinks to your site in the article. You can link to resources, blogs, educational content, etc. (no homepage or promotional content).
- Shoot for no more than 2-3 outgoing links per 1,000 words of content TOTAL, but do make sure you cite your sources.
- The content must be original.
- Our expectation is that you have done a site search and have become familiar with our brand tone, style and the topics that are of interest to our audience.
- The article you submit should target a primary keyword with > 500 monthly volume.
- Use long tail/semantic keywords throughout the article in addition to the primary keyword.
- Use the target keyword in title and keyword/long tail keywords in headers (H2, H3, etc)
- Include links to sources and links to other Drift resources when possible.
- Once the post is live on drift.com, you may share a link to the content on socials, medium, etc – but you cannot re-post the entire article on your website or other sources.
- Drift’s editorial team reserves the right to make edits, remove the content, or change it in any way. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Drift content.
How to Submit Content
If your article meets editorial standards and aligns with our content strategy, we will respond to let you know your article will be published. That process may take up to 2 weeks.
Due to the volume of requests we receive, we cannot respond to all submissions.
Submit all requests to msloan [at] drift [dot] com.
Ready to try Drift?
Join the 50,000+ businesses who use Drift to grow faster.