- Customer requests a feature by writing into support
- Copy all of the text relevant to their point
- Open Prod Pad and click to add customer feedback
- Paste in all of the text from that idea and add any additional color or context
- Save that feedback
- On the next screen, view the list of customer feedback and click to add that feedback to an idea
- If an idea already exists that’s associated with the new feedback, map it to that idea
- If not, create a new idea and map that feedback to that idea.
To get the customer feedback organized in ProdPad, I use Drift.
The most important thing is that it gives me direct access to the customer, and customers direct access to me. It breaks down previous communication walls that were slow and inefficient like email.
If someone reaches out with a question, the Messenger and Live Chat features enable me to immediately talk with them to understand what they’re trying to accomplish.
As an early stage startup, our customers see a lot of product changes.
To keep everyone in the loop on new features, they receive a monthly email summarizing all updates and how to use them. This ensures our loyal customers have the information to make the most of what they’ve helped build. They can reply to those emails to send feedback if they so choose.
If I want quick feedback from a large group, I can send and NPS survey via email or inside of our app. They appear like this when sent in-app:
To send the messages to the right group of users, I organize them into customer segments. Static segments are compiled of hand-selected users. Dynamic segments are updated continuously based on filters.
In the case that a message I receive is intended for someone else, I can assign it to that coworker (super helpful for helping diagnose bug fixes or sales calls). Drift makes it easy to know my customers are and send them relevant messages at exactly the right time.