On this week’s episode of Build, I sat down with Pluralsight’s Nate Walkingshaw. We discussed everything from how he went from an EMT to Chief Experience Officer to what it takes to build empathetic products today.
It’s Nate’s background as an EMT that makes his own philosophy around designing and building products stand out. When the products you’re creating are literally used in life or death situations, you develop a new appreciation for getting things right the first time. We also get into Nate’s years winding through different companies (Stryker, Strava) and finally into the software side of things at Pluralsight.
In this episode:
- Nate’s journey from EMT to Chief Experience Officer (CXO) at Pluralsight
- How to develop impactful products
- Customer Preference Testing (CPT) & Customer Confirmation Testing (CCT)
- Solving problems vs. creating meaningful outcomes
- Leveraging key performance indicators for product design
- How you can benefit from switching to an output focus
- The value of listening in a distracted world