When we were doing Seeking Wisdom Live at WeWork, a quick story came up.
DC went back to when I first got my job at Drift — from the interview process to getting an offer — and started to a tell a story about hiring, what to look for in people that you can’t find on a resume or a LinkedIn profile.
So we sat down and told the whole story, finally, on this episode of Seeking Wisdom.
This one is all about seizing the the opportunity and finding your superpower.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
00:53 – Dave’s side project Tech in Boston
2:52 – The initial interview and getting an offer
05:13 – Dave’s commitment to learning and building his career
07:23 – Focusing and seizing on opportunity
10:36 – Superpowers as two skills coming together
12:11 – David’s process of finding his superpower
15:00 – Hypergrowth Conference, September 25, 2017
3 Key Points:
- Do you want to earn or do you want to learn? Make a conscious choice.
- Opportunities are rare. Have a sense of urgency and seize them when they come.
- Figure out your skills that combine and intersect – this is your superpower.
Two Ways To Support The Show
- Subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
- Leave us a five-star review.
Here’s how to leave a review: http://bit.ly/5-Stars-Only
Connect With Us
Follow David (twitter.com/dcancel) and Dave (twitter.com/davegerhardt) on Twitter.
Come hang out with us at seekingwisdom.io and on Twitter @seekingwisdomio.
Learn more about Drift at Drift.com.